THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Tuesday, January 20, 2009

so... he's human afterall



i decided to put aside my disdain for barack obama today and watch the presidential inauguration. the feeling i'm left with is bitter-sweet.


i've come to the realization that my dislike for obama is not based on his political views as much as his personal choices, associations, values, and beliefs.


i believe that most will agree that the current state of the united states is one that calls for change... be that what it may. no, i have not switched sides... however i do find myself believing that president obama has the greater good of the union at heart, or maybe i just want to believe that. my hope is that, anyway.


even so, i still find myself praying, pleading even, that God protect me and my loved ones from what may come. i find myself still in fear of this man who is now our leader. and, in the words of rick warren, i pray that the new president be convicted by the Holy Spirit to do what is right in the eyes of God. and pray for God's guidance, protection, and reassurance, because as we all know, what will be will be. if you pray, pray this prayer of rick warren's.




now, with that said. it was absolutely beautiful to watch the inauguration of the first black president of the united states. i found myself overjoyed by the proud looks of his wife and children.... as well as the multitudes of onlookers. it was an awesome occasion and i am proud, so proud to be an american... even amongst the turmoil.


oh.... and it also warmed me a bit to see the nervousness of the human, barack obama, flub his oath. even the ever so poised, calm, cool, and seemingly collected politician is one of us, after all.



2 comments:

Jewels said...

you are a better person than me. i felt the urge to go against the crowd, i watched no coverage whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Jewels! You and I are two peas in a pod. I wouldn't have watched it had it not been on the TV in the doctor's waiting room that I was in.

I did enjoy seeing Michelle's face..she looked so lovingly at him.
I SO enjoyed seeing him flub it up.
Did you know that Obama voted against confirming Chief Justice Roberts to the Supreme Court?

Interesting that the two of them shared this monumental moment together.