THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Chapter

We recently moved, two weekends ago in fact, and are just getting settled into a new chapter of life, so I've decided now would be a good time to pick back up the blogging stick.




Zach completed his fourth grade year last month and has been doing great. He is on the Feingold diet, with occasional veering from the plan. He has become very good about making those decisions himself. He knows what makes him sick and usually  makes good choices. His school work has improved, and last year was his first and only successful year off a behavior plan. The key is to get a tolerant and understanding teacher who preferably is educated in the field of special needs. He's been blessed to have two such teachers. Communication is key and fortunately Zach communicates with me. He is not always forthcoming, and occasional I may have to coax a little, but it eventually comes out. The most important things I work on are building a trust and open communication bond, and spending quality time with him. Those seem to be the two key practices I can do to keep him on track. Even with all the struggles with his dad, and they have been vast, he has maintained a secure sense of self, awareness, and happiness.


I have managed to balance career and motherhood and feel pretty good about where we are. Time is flying by and I keep reminding myself to stop and enjoy certain moments because years pass by in the blink of an eye and all too soon I know this phase of life will be gone.











No comments: