THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Monday, September 8, 2008

best thing / worst thing

since zach's been in school, i've been trying to stick to a best thing / worst thing about the day... otherwise he says he doesn't remember anything.

today i asked him what the best thing was... and the conversation went a little something like this...

z. "i don't know... oh, ice cream."

m. "you didn't have ice cream today."

z. "oh yeah, that was the other day."

m. "so what was the best thing?"

z. "i dunno."

m. "what was the worst thing?"

z. "i got a yellow face."

(the goal is to have a green face... yellow is middle... red is bad)

m. "oooohhh. why did you get a yellow face?"

z. "i dunno"

m. "well let me see...."


i pull out his folder to read this note from his teacher...


" Zachary has been eating the other
children's erasers off their pencils. "


that was unexpected.


so we had a discussion about all the reasons why eating erasers isn't a good idea.... while i did my best to suppress the laughter welling up inside me.

oh, the reason for eating the erasers...

z. "i like them"


fair enough.

4 comments:

Steph said...

i love that kid.

Jewels said...

erasers, crayons... you're going to have school supplies for next year if he keeps this up

Anonymous said...

oh

my

gosh.

I tried to stop the laughter that welled up inside me. Then I realized it was OK for me to laugh.


Sigh. I so needed that. Thanks, girl.

Whew. That felt good.

I like that smell after you erase real hard for a long time.

::sniffff::

Carrie Maxwell said...

i like that smell too.

and i'm quite familiar with it... as math was not my best subject.

:)