THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Sunday, September 14, 2008

weekends

the weekends without z are bittersweet. the time alone to de-stress is nice... although most of the weekend is spent cleaning up after his week of experiments and exploration.

the other day i found a cup of honey sitting on the counter, next to the empty bottle of syrup. when i asked him what that was all about, he replied that he tried to drink a cup of honey, but when that failed he chugged the syrup instead.

nice!

nonetheless, i always find myself anxious to pick him up and get things back to normal. i don't know how dads, and even some moms live without their children. it must be excruciating.

the only positive i can find out of it all (and i have to find one because i'm a half-full kinda gal) ... is that i often find myself taking the time to reflect on the week and figure out how i can improve myself as a mother and improve zach's life... and then commit to doing that.

parenting is hard. really hard. so this is in honor of all the mom's and dad's who have made the commitment and sacrifices it takes to be a parent.... and the kid's that have to put up with us....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...that makes me want to wrap my trunk around you and rock you to sleep!

Steph said...

DANGIT! This makes me cry every time I hear it. I used to sing it to Grace when she was little. TOTALLY CRYING AGAIN NOW! Dangit.