THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Monday, September 29, 2008

when i arrived home from picking up z after school today there was a woman standing in my front yard, smoking a cigarette and holding a small chiuaua.

she informed me that she had been trying to catch a small black dog that ran into my back yard. not her dog, but a dog she saw on the street in front of my house.

she then informed me that she had been in my back yard, chasing after the dog.... and moved some toys of zach's and my potted plants... trying to block the dog in.

then she says... "i hope you don't mind."

uhhhh, yeah i mind. hello, boundaries people. i guess she's one of those that asks for forgiveness instead of permission.

anywho, time to get a lock for the gate.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. What is UP with some people?
Boundaries is right. I LOVE enforcing my boundaries. It totally shocks people...and I'm so okay with that.

ahhhh, it's good to finally start growing up.

kristen lewis said...

You have the strangest encounters with neighbors and whatnot of anyone that I know. Seriously. Get out of my yard.

Jewels said...

Ok, first of all... I really hope you always lock that sliding glass door.

Second of all - WHAT??!?!?! I mean, WHO DOES THAT?!?!

I think the world is telling you to move - you are too good for those people. You don't deserve this...

however it is great entertainment for the rest of us.

Carrie Maxwell said...

hopefully i'll grow up soon then, pinky. :)

tell me about it kristen... i'm just glad you guy think it's crazy too. it's hard to tell these days who is the weird one.

yes, julie, i keep that door locked.... i can't stand the thought of moving again. maybe i'll just post some no-trespassing signs. she was hanging out in my front yard again yesterday.

freaks, i tell you, my neighborhood is full of freaks!

Anonymous said...

You know I was talking about ME growing up, right? ;-)

Carrie Maxwell said...

yes, i know.

and at the same time, still hoping to get there someday too. :)

you'd think at 32 i'd be getting close!

Steph said...

what?

WHAT???



holy crap.

Mantha said...

ummm, what steph said.