THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

my pinky purse


my childhood friend, now blog friend pinky, posted a great blog the other day.

i've since given it a lot of thought and have pieces of it on my mind throughout the day. i've always been one to conform... fly under the radar.... hide in the shadows as to go unnoticed. i'm for sure one of those that has lost the spark and joy that she talks about... the me i used to know and like.

i've often found myself basing my decisions on what stands out the least... and not so much what i like.... hence my closet full of black clothes. i've even been known to not wear something if i get complimented too much on it.... because attention makes me uncomfortable.

BUT.... i've decided to actively work on that...i'm going to stop hiding.

so, with that in mind, i've taken my first baby-step. i've been eyeing this big ... really big... bright fire engine red canvas bag. i really like it... but said to myself i could never carry it because stands out too much ... then i bought it anyway. and i love carrying it. it's working as a major confidence booster.

thanks pinky, for the inspiration! i may not have fire engine red hair... yet. but with my pinky purse strapped to my shoulder i have the confidence and attitude! :)


this isn't just about a purse... but the step towards valuing my own opinion... liking something because i like it, and not basing my decisions on what others will think. this may be a very small step, but the concept is huge for me, thank you pinky for opening my eyes.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Steph said...

I LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!
and that is in no way at all patronizing. I totally get how this is a big deal. We all take baby steps, even if they seem huge to other people. Keep taking those steps, Carrie, and I'll keep taking them, too.

This made me so happy today!!

Jewels said...

Super cute-

I am having to work on that myself, find things I like - not that others like. Its a constant struggle...

I know how hard this was for you - you go!