THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Tuesday, October 21, 2008

pine cones and forced distraction

i'm so tired of the news, the economic crisis, and the political race.

i usually make it a point to avoid such things, yet as of late have found myself utterly wrapped up in the mind-numbing mix.

so... i'm done. what will be will be. i've cast my ballot and i'm moving on.

to pine cones.

yes, pine cones.

i walked into the store today and my nose led me directly to these heavenly smelling cinnamon scented pine cones. i wish you could smell them.

go get your own, and you can.

they remind me of everything i love about this season, and make me smile every time i walk past them.

it's a little piece of heaven on earth.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Amen sister, amen.

Go read my new blog. I'm over it. I can no longer deal.

Steph said...

they do smell sooo great. :) thanks for the yummy dinner tonight. we enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon is my favorite spice. It's such a happy, homey smell. I drip cinnamon oil on my light bulbs.

And I bake cinnamon apples. Yum!

I'm at peace with it, too. God is in control.

Carrie Maxwell said...

i've got cinnamon oil on my shopping list... my bulbs will soon be cinnamonny! :)