THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Sunday, October 5, 2008

another weekend almost gone...

week after week... time seems to be slipping away. we just started a new month, and the new year will be here in the blink of an eye....
i remember the days, pre-motherhood, that i use to look forward to the weekends of relaxation, long baths and getting lost in a good book.... starting back to work on monday rested and refreshed.
boy how things change. now my weekends consist of cleaning crusty cheerios off my dining room furniture, figuring out how to get gum out of the carpet and melted purple crayon out of my vacuum cleaner... not to mention meal planning, grocery shopping, washing the sheets... and all the other household chores we all do.
weekends are much busier than weekdays now.
today, i found an interesting stash zach's been collecting in his bathroom drawer... it consisted of an earring, a sharpie lid, a spool of thread, a barrette, an eraser, a straw, a cotton ball, and the plastic tray that lifesaver gummies come in, but instead of candy it was filled with coins. strange. it made me think of thimbletack, from the spiderwick chronicles. it also made me smile, and cherish the uniqueness of the precious little gift God has placed in my life.
as much as i miss the carefree days... and boy do i miss them... i wouldn't trade the life i've enjoyed as a mother for anything in the world. as challenging as it can be at times to balance a full-time career/full-time mother lifestyle... i know that all too soon i'll be sending him off to college and have nothing to do but take long baths and read books. with that in mind, my goal is to not only cherish the beautiful moments of motherhood, but do my best to create meaningful moments we'll both hold on to forever.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

You are such a good mother Carrie. :) I admire you for it,

PS - Is that MY earring? jk

Anonymous said...

This is how my train of thought rolls, too.

They stress me out, but then I know they'll be gone in the blink of an eye, and I'll miss them so. So, I'd better enjoy the momment.

Ahhh, balance, you ever-elusive little beeeeyotch! oooops. did I just say that? ;-)

Steph said...

haha! pinky!

carrie you are so good at putting your heart on paper... err... computer... whatever.

you know what i mean.

love you.

Carrie Maxwell said...

:) nope, my earring.... one of my favorites, no less. did you lose an earring here?

elusive indeedie pinkster... i can't decide if i'd rather have less stuff to do, or more time to do it in. no, scratch that... less stuff.

thanks steph, i <3 you too. :)

(i just learned what <3 is... oh no! all of a sudden i feel like the 30-something i made fun of when i was in high school for using the word cool. let me tell you who's a beeyotch... old mother nature!)

Anonymous said...

So TRUE, Carrie!
but you know what? I'm gonna skip out on trying to look cool, because it's just a farce anyway. I'm going straight for the eccentric old lady phase. I'm embracing it, baby!!
I figure I'll embarrass my kids either way, and I'll enjoy eccentric much more than faux cool, so WATCH OUT! ;-)