THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Saturday, October 25, 2008

um, exsqueeze me... you did NOT just say that!

you can never be prepared for the day that your son says to you,

"hush your mouth... (wait for it...) ... ho."

yup, "ho"

after an in-depth conversation, he has no idea what it means. thank goodness.

but still... ho?

i guess it's a good thing he's not an angry teen spewing hatred at me. i guess it's better that he's four and has no idea what it means. i guess.

he attends a private christian school... which is where he picked up that lovely line.

how much more protective can i get? what will happen when/if he attends public school... what kinds of things do kindergartners learn these days?

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Ok - I'm sorry but I had to swiftly cover my mouth there because I was laughing - ROTFLMAO

"ho"

OMG -

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, sister!

He'll hear the junk, but with you in his ear, he'll know what's right.

Mark said...

I can remember when my son, at about 4 years of age, touched a hot stove. It didn't actually burn him, but he exclaimed (with vigor); "son of a b****!".

I said "what did you say? (what was I thinking?)"

Straight faced, he replied Dad, I said "son of a b****!. That's what grandpa says when he hurts himself."

He had no concept of "right words" and "wrong words", though his education began right then. But after my stern discussion I had to go in another room and laugh my butt off.

Kids...

Mortgage Guru said...

That is hilarious...and terrible all at the same time. Thankfully, you are right, he has no clue what he said. When my sister was little she told her 1st grade teacher to "Shut the F up..." only she used the entire F word. She's normal now. :o)