THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD AND ALL ITS CRAZYNESS. WHO KNEW?



Thursday, February 26, 2009

ahhhh... now i remember

i had forgotten why i never watch tv anymore.

feeling a bit out of touch, i tuned in to american idol last night.

at first, i thought something was wrong with my television speakers... but the judges confirmed it was the contestants and not my tv. the first three were beyond painful to watch.

i turned off the tv, but after a few minutes couldn't withstand my curiosity and turned it back on.... i had to see if they were ALL going to be as terrible.

i should have left it off.

THAT GUY! what is up with that weird-o guy? i felt like i was lost in the twilight zone... or possibly had tuned into a mad tv spoof of a.i.... unfortunately it was legit, and i needed a shower after his act, i was all kinds of creeped out.



the red-head was good. really good. and the last guy, decent but but it was too little to late for me. i'm off tv again. i'm stickin' to my weekend viewing of dvr'd bones episodes.

on the plus side, i got to see the following commercial, which in my opinion was the best thing on tv last night. z and i rewound it and watched it about five times. it just doesn't get old.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I LOVE that commercial. The very end makes me laugh so hard.

Norman Gentle will not make it through. This is just the whittling down to the top 12. America pretty much feels the same way about him as you do. It's stupid.

There is some real talent. The top 12 should show that.... but we're just not there yet.

"and learn to fly again..." CRACK UP!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Carrie...last night was a total waste of time...however, only three/four will go forth from last night...and, in my opinion, anyone who does advance from last night will not last long. The commercial premiered during the Super Bowl. Great commercial. Dad even loves it...one of the few he actually watches.

Carrie Maxwell said...

that makes me think of that big-sur waterbeds commercial with that little boy mikey that pa used to like so much. do you remember?

Jewels said...

Thats why I don't watch AI anymore. I watched 2 seasons. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood - still like both - the rest... eh...

I like those commercials.. they always make me laugh.